Monday, January 25, 2010

Costume Sketch

Last week, I introduced my second graders to costume sketches. It was so much fun and they loved it! I told them to think of the character they are in their ballet we are creating. I asked them to imagine what that character would wear, what color, what props? They asked if they could just draw the pieces or if they needed to draw themselves in the costume. I told them either way it is considered a costume sketch. Here is a sample of a few great ones that I picked out. I can really tell what they are thinking their character would wear. I will use these to get costume ideas for the performance in a few weeks. What a great way to include the students in the this part of the project! Have you ever had your students do costume sketches? How did they turn out? I would love to hear!

In the meantime movecreateeducate...


No comments:

Post a Comment