Friday, March 19, 2010

What do you eat for lunch?


I am curious, what do you eat for lunch? I have been having issues lately with what to bring for lunch, since 1) I have such long days and 2) I have to cary it around in my bag. I can't get the right combination to not feel hungry but to have just enough not to get tired. Every day of the week is different for me, so I can never eat at the same time either. eeek!

So what do all of you dance teachers carry around in your bag, drive around in your car, or eat at home? I am taking ideas to try out next week!


4 comments:

  1. Pickles and cheese sandwich with hummus instead of mayo on the bread, honey mustard preztels, and an apple. mmm

    I usually sip hot chocolate all day long... gives me a tiny caffeine buzz and eases my appetite and my serious need for a piece of chocolate cake at 3pm.

    Around 5pm I usually eat a peanut butter sandwich since I often go to work out after work. Breakfast is huge, dinner is really minimal.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm usually busy during lunch so I combine lunch with dinner. It's usually a pretty big meal... like today the hubs and I grilled hamburgers and baked sweet potato fries. When I'm on the go I usually just snack on crackers or granola. Not very healthy but it keeps me from going insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Favorite is avocado, mozzerella and tomato salad. I always have a granola bar with me, even when I am not teaching. If I get too hungry I can't concentrate. Bananas are a stand by for me. Whole wheat pasta salad with alittle olive oil and vinegar with veggies or quina salad with tofu and edamame - lots of protein! Those two fill me up. Yogurt is a great snack too. Oh - those yogurt smoothie drinks always help me when I hit a low.

    I also make a combo mix of goldfish crackers, nuts and raisins.

    For me a combo of whole grains and protein work the best. I have a insulated lunch bag and ice pack.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete