Have you ever tried to write a description of a class you have designed and teach? I have recently had to describe my classes in a paragraph or less. Not easy!!!! I thought I would share some ideas on how to write a successful description--
1) First I wrote down descriptive words (just words) that I might want to include.
2) I took the words from my curriculum- my goals of what I address in each class.
3) I then tried to build sentences with the descriptive words.
4) I constructed it in a way that someone was writing it about me and the class.
5) I had many drafts but finally got to something I was happy with.
6) Last I had a mom who has had her daughter in my class for over a year look at it. She offered great insight!
The challenge is to not sound to "dance teacher" and use words that someone that doesn't know about dance can understand. I also wanted it to sound interesting, leaving something to be desired. It's hard to describe in just a few words. What would you say about your class?
Here is the final description I ended up with: