Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Ballet Book

A few weeks ago, one of my students brought in this book that she bought at the bookstore. I loved that she brought it in to share with her friends at class. She left it and I keep forgetting to give it back to her, I promise I will give it back! While it has been in my possession, I have been deconstructing it. These students in the book are older than the dancers I teach in my ballet class, but I love the way it takes the dancer through a dance class. Stretching, the positions, the barre, and across the floor are all shown in the book.

It shows the importance of practice at home, getting ready for a recital, and it connects fairy tale stories children read before bedtime to ballet. (ex: Sleeping Beauty and Swan Lake)
I would love to write a book like this someday. I have always wanted to write a children's book! Have you ever thought about writing a book about your expertise? Ahh, another goal to add to the list!

(Book by Jane Feldman)

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found me! I've been looking for dance blogs for such a long time. I am excited to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I look forward to your posts as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! I first discovered it when one of my students brought it in to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie- Me too! It is a great book and I think it teaches a good lesson while we are not teaching them! p.s. I just looked at your blog! looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete