Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Today in my baby ballet class, one of the girls brought the music Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Her mom had e-mailed me and told me they had been watching So you think you can dance and that song came on. Mom was singing and dancing and her daughter couldn't believe that she could sing and dance. Mom's words in the e-mail -"you should of seen her face." It gave me the idea to have a dance party! Today at the end of class I invited the mom's and babysitters in to have "free dance." It was so fun and everyone left smiling! What a great day to be a dance teacher to the littles!

Have you done anything in your classes for parents to join in and participate? I am looking for more ideas since it was so much fun!

In the meantime movecreateeducate...

2 comments:

  1. Maria, just wanted to say that I've been following your blog and love what you are doing here. I'd like to feature you on Dance Advantage soon! Looking forward to your continued work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichelle,

    Thank you so much for your comment and for following! I am really excited to be featured on Dance Advantage... Thank you! I love blogging, I think it's such a great way for us (dance educators) to stick together!

    ReplyDelete