Monday, November 9, 2009

Developing Professional Development

Today I taught a warm-up (I was so nervous!) at a professional development at Lincoln Center for New York City Ballet. Classroom teachers from New York City Public Schools came to the rehearsal studios to learn about ballet and meet their teaching artists. Here is the word wall I created for the warm-up. The teachers loved it because they they could see how to connect dance to their classroom. I love educating non-dancers about a genre of dance, especially ballet! What do you think of my little stick figures? I'm not an drawing artist, but I thought they turned out clear enough that if students (or teachers) had to refer to them they could and they would know what the movement looks like.


Have you ever had to develop a professional development workshop for non-dancers? What worked and what didn't work? Tell me about it, I would love to hear!

In the meantime movecreateeducate...


No comments:

Post a Comment