Sunday, November 15, 2009

Butterfly Body Parts

Look what I found at Barnes and Noble today! I have been searching everywhere for a butterfly puppet to teach my students body parts. Eric Carle is celebrating his 40th Anniversary and has made all of these great puppets to go along with his children's books! Of course this one goes along with the very hungry caterpillar, it's so perfect for what I will use it for!

Look how colorful! My baby ballerina's will love this!


To teach body parts, I have the butterfly fly around the room and then all of a sudden lands on a body part of one of the students (a different child each time, so the butterfly lands on all of them at least once!). We identify the body part and then try to move that part in isolation. Here the butterfly landed on my shoulder!

Do you have puppets you use in your dance room to teach a lesson? I would love to hear all of your ideas!

In the meantime movecreateeducate...

No comments:

Post a Comment