Friday, April 2, 2010

Red Rover

It's Friday! Our last lesson of the week is shared by Catherine Tully of 4dancers!

I would start on one side of the room, with the children on the other. Once I had one kid on my side, we’d just call out, “Red Rover, Red Rover, let (name) come over, and then I would add something for them to do on the way, such as the “princess walk”, or marching. I’d let the child who got called tell me who to call over next. It sounds so basic, but the kids absolutely loved it!


Isn't this a great lesson? It's easy to incorporate so many action/movement words into the game. What a great idea to fuse dance education and a game normally played at recess or in gym class! Thank you Catherine for sharing this great idea!


I hope you have found the lessons shared this week helpful and were able to gather some ideas for your own classrooms and students. That is the goal, afterall! Thank you to everyone who shared your ideas and Thank you to all my dear readers! xo

(picture via
asbjorn lonvig)

No comments:

Post a Comment