Tuesday, September 1, 2009

CPR and First Aid Certification


While living in New York it is one of my goals to get certified in everything that I can.  I know that once I leave New York there will not be as much available to me. Last friday I took a 5 hour course to get my CPR and First Aid Certification.  I was certified a long time ago but didn't renew it until now. What I didn't realize was how much all of it changes every couple years. As a dance teacher, especially as someone starting their own business, I think this certification is a must.  You never know what could happen and I would never want to be in a position where I didn't know what to do if one of my students was hurt or not feeling well. 

I looked on the Dance Teacher Magazine website and they have an article and some tips on why all dance educators should be CPR and First Aid Certified. Check it out!

In the meantime movecreateeducate...

1 comment:

  1. CPR and First Aid is very important. As an instructor for both they just a massive re haul of the way CPR is taught and performed. Glad to hear you took the class, it is very important to have!!!

    ReplyDelete